Thursday, June 3, 2010

15/10 - Sungei Ulu Pandan (29 May 2010)

Interview with the photographers :

Endy : What do you think of this site for Nature Macrophotography?

Cricket on yellow flower by Kyaw Htay


Kyaw Htay : I think it is a very nice place. I have been here 3 times with IMOG and a few times on my own. In fact, this is where I got my "Cricket on Yellow Flower" one year ago. I posted that picture at Nikon Photo Club and was made Editor's Choice. The subjects are aplenty, do a detailed search and you will know what I mean. This morning, I was very lucky to find an uncommon butterfly which I have never seen in my whole life.



Close up on Katydid by Tan Chuan Yean


Stephen Lim
: Not bad at all! I brought my son along in this maiden outing of mine. We had a great time. We took so many spiders and katydids (many little ones + a big juvenile).


CP Chan : A Good site indeed. I enjoyed taking photos of the many Katydids and the best was that I got a chance to photograph a cicada on a very low level, this is one of my wishlist items came true.


Twig-like feather legged spider with "soccer ball" by Tan Chuan Yean


Tan Chuan Yean : I was a little late. But surprisingly, although only a small portion of the area was combed, I found quite many uncommon spiders.


Yan Leong : I remember that I came 1 year ago, and there were still quite many insects today. There is a new McDonald Restaurant with Drive Thru nearby now, we had a wonderful meal there after the trip at about 11:30 am.


Participant (6) : Endy Tan (Team Leader), Kyaw Htay, Stephen Lim & son, CP Chan, Tan Chuan Yean, and Yan Leong


No comments:

Post a Comment