Saturday, April 16, 2011

10/2011 - Jurong Woods II (16 Apr 2011)

It was a refreshing change to see a record of nine ladies joining this outing! As many of them are first timers and are new in macro photography, I asked some IMOG leaders to help me out.  They came in full strength to support me and even though Tony had a morning's appointment, he agreed to come down all the way from Potong Pasir when I said I needed him as I had some transportation problem! These are my trusted photography buddies whom I can depend on and over the years, we treat each other as good friends!

Anyway, I was a little worried the night before when the weather man said it would be cloudy until 9 am this morning and shower with thunder in the later morning. Fortunately, it was much better than expected and we were blessed with another lovely morning.  I reached the meeting point half an hour early at 7 am but CT Lim, as usual, was already there! I was glad that all of us made an effort to be there by 7.30 am especially those who stays as far as Pasir Ris.  Pinky who stays in the east was there before 7 am too! She told me that she was excited about it that she could not sleep well last night.  She set 3 alarm clocks to make sure that she can make it for the outing.  I was impressed by her enthusiasm.    

This was the 2nd time that we visited Jurong Wood II.  We explored the central nature trail when we first came here on 21 Aug last year.  This time round, I wanted to concentrate more on the left & right sides of the green vegetations there.    Here are some photos showing the site conditions and our photographers in actions!

(Start of the shoot)

(Left side of green vegetation)

(Yixiong in action)

(Allan in action)

(Kevin in action)


(Saranjit in action)

(Central path)

(Why was Allan so happy?)

Please click the following links for more images taken during this outing:

"Death & alive" by Kyaw Htay
"Bird dung spider" by Lim Cheow Tin
"Crabby" by Sharon S. Lim
"Flower pistil & sudden visitor" By Sonia Zou
"Spiders" by Mohammad KaramiNejadRanjbar
"Blacklit wild orchid" by Darren Chng
"Few images to share" by Allan Lee

Participants (22) - Anthony Quek (Trip Leader), Endy Tan, Sharon S. Lim, Cai Yixiong, Allan Lee, Darren Chng, CT Lim, Kyaw Htay, Sonia Zou, Mohammad KaramiNejadRanjbar, CP Syn, Flor J, Bonnie, Pricillia, Soh Pui Hoon, Teng Che San, Pinky Lee, David Lee, Foong KT, Tan Peck Kheng & Kevin, Saranjit Bains

1 comment:

  1. Pictures are really very beautiful.These places are very much exploring.You can known very much about these places with good exploration.These outing are really enjoyable.

    Wholesale Escapes

    ReplyDelete